October......for most it represents National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and for some, National Adopt A Shelter Dog Month. For me, it begins an official countdown to the end of a 26 year career and all of the highs an lows I am due to experience in saying goodbye to a job I have an enormous emotional investment in and still seek what new challenges may lay ahead.


Today begins my self awareness lessons-I-have-learned each day revelations and you are invited to ride along on my journey.I'm the one in charge of my life, so take charge of it, already, says I!


Self revelation #1 Be clear about who you are and who you aren’t. First with yourself, then with others. Honesty is a lot easier than playing a role because you think it’s a role you need to play. 


I choose to be adventurous and dynamic and nurturing and inspirational. That's who I am. I am passionate about living and movement and one of my favorite words it "potential" because it sounds hopeful. Leaving something I know and jumping into the unknown has never scared me....I've been a daughter, a sister, married, a parent, a single parent, an athlete, and employee, a teacher, a spokesmodel, a manager, a grandmother, and soon, an entrepreneur....


Today starts my "Captain's Log" Stardate 69214.5. Seriously.....I calculated it! http://trekguide.com/Stardates.htm  Stick around for my journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Beachbody Hybrid Workout Schedule

Night Time Eating Derailment - Help!

4 Unique Ways to Get Your 10,000 Steps Into Your Day