Chisel: (verb) to cut or shape something with a chisel

Day's 5 & 6 of Hammer & Chisel have worked me over. Surprisingly, I'm not as sore as I expected to be which has me worried that I need heavier weights. I was taking this first week instride along with learning the program I was using moderate weights...5lbs for dual weighted moves, 8lb for single weighted moves.....I was exerted but not depleted. This next week I'll have to pump up the volume....the weight, that is.

Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers-Fixate cookbook

Ingredients 

4 medium bell peppers, cut in half 
2 tsp olive oil 
1 cup chopped onion 
3 clove Garlic, finely chopped 
1 1/2 pounds raw chicken chopped into 3/4" pieces 
1 tsp chili powder 
1 tsp cumin 
1/2 tsp sea salt 
1/2 tsp ground black pepper 
1 cup low sodium no salt added tomato sauce 
2 cups cooked quinoa 
1 cup canned black beans, drained 
1 cup frozen corn kernels 
5 Tbsp cilantro, reserve some for garnish 
Juice of 1 Lime 
1 cup Monterey jack cheese 


  • wash, slice and remove seeds out of 4 medium bell peppers (yellow, orange or red)
  • chop 1 medium onion
  • chop 2 gloves of garlic finely
  • chop 1.5 lbs of raw boneless, skinless, chicken breast into 3/4 inch pieces
  • rinse 1 can of black beans (measure 1 cup for the recipe)
  • cook 2 cups quinoa (I purchased Peapod's organic box brand and it was delicious), when cool store
  • chop 5 tbsp fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut peppers in half and place skin side down in large baking dish (set aside)
3. Heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat
4. add onion and cook about 5 minutes
5. add garlic and cook about a 1 minute
6. add chicken and the following ingredients:
  • 1 tsp ground chili powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until chicken is done cooking
7. add 1 cup tomato sauce (I used an organic brand of pasta sauce), quinoa, beans, 1 cup frozen corn, cilantro (save some to garnish cooked peppers with) and 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
8. add 1/2 cup of the mixture to each pepper half.
9. cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes until peppers are tender
10. remove foil and top with cheese and cilantro. Bake till cheese is melted




 Day 3 of ‪#‎hammerandchisel‬ Iso Speed Hammer & 
2 things to notice about this pic...my look of determination & the 8pt buck (Bucky)
hanging over the fireplace mocking my every grunt ðŸ˜œ
this pic is a modified Chin-up using a band ... 
Bands have a constant and increasing difficultly level. By that, I mean, as one stretches a band during an exercise, the amount of force required to continue to stretch the band increases. This means you get a better workout sometimes because of this effect. Whereas, in certain ranges of motion, the effort required to continue moving a weight will diminish, the opposite effect occurs with bands.
Day 5 of 60....Every day I video my workout in small increments and review it every chance I get today was no different and during ‪#‎hammerandchisel‬ Iso strength chisel Bulgarian split squats I felt off balance so I checked my form and you can see the corrections I made by correcting my knees to 90° & keeping my shoulders back. My glutes & quads got the workout instead of my knees



Boosting with superfoods!



Getting Chisel Endurance done! I tried to blend in with the room and hide from "Bucky" over the fireplace because he's always glaring at me, mocking me but not today!!! 1-hand row leg extension.... My back should have been flatter!


Planning to post some daily meal plans next week - stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Beachbody Hybrid Workout Schedule

Night Time Eating Derailment - Help!

4 Unique Ways to Get Your 10,000 Steps Into Your Day