Rubix Cube??? Why do we still care?

One of the most popular questions trending on google right now is How to solve a rubix cube. There are videos and step by step but I'm old enough to remember the only people to ask this question to were our friends and parents.....there was no internet! There was no YouTube! C'mon....people......use brain power. I cannot solve a rubix cube without taking it apart.......maybe I should do a video on how to do that???

Starting off in reverse order.....we had a delicious dinner last night from the Master's Hammer & Chisel Nutrition guide.... Sharing the recipe with you now:





Tuesday was Day 2 of #HammerandChisel and the workout was Hammer Plyometrics. Now, I will say that it was challenging but 2 specific moves made no sense to me as I followed the modifier. I do not have a pull up bar because our house doesn't have traditional doorways in any kind of space I would want to workout. The band option is a great tool and I think it will be great for my chicken arms (hoping for hott chick arms) but the band modifier for 2 moves was pitiful and I did my own thing. I put asterisks by the 2 moves I'm referring to.

The entire routine of moves include:
Vertical Jumps
Burpee to a Pull-up****
Legs in and out on a bench
Plyo push-ups to touch the bench
Crazy Horse – straddle the bench and jump side to side
Chin-up crunch squat jump****
Knee Drivers – 1 leg squat with weight in one hand and jump up raising the weight over your head 

Sumo Tuck Jumps
Lunge, Lunge, squat

Burpee to pull-up:
The modifier had me do a burpee......fine.....then use the bands in a door to pull back into my chest simulating a pull up and then release and repeat. The grabbing of the hanging band handles and getting situated far enough from the door to actually get tension and be productive after the burpee took so long that I got about 3-4 moves in before the 30secs were over. The second time (because you repeat) I simply used 8lb dumbbells and it was much quicker turnover....I got in 6 times before the 30secs ended.

Chin Up crunch squat jump 
Same premise....the modifier had me use the bands in a door to pull back into my chest simulating a pull-up/chin-up and then release tension in the band, pull one knee into my chest, release the handles of the bands and then bend down and jump into a squat.....then grab the handles of the hanging bands and repeat The grabbing of the hanging band handles and getting situated far enough from the door to actually get tension and be productive after the burpee took so long that I got 3 moves in before the 30secs were over. The second time (because you repeat) I lifted dumbbells 4 times and squat crunched 4 times.....felt nothing but put out.



Those were the only 2 moves I could complain about and I made notes of what I need to improve on.....Loved the Crazy Horse and Sumo Tuck Jumps - check out the height I got to!! #ChaleneJohnson taught me those back i my #Turbbofire days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Beachbody Hybrid Workout Schedule

Night Time Eating Derailment - Help!

4 Unique Ways to Get Your 10,000 Steps Into Your Day