Be Yourself, Authenticity Trumps Perfection

Today I danced!

I danced again!

I am on day 4 of Country Heat, a 30min Beachbody workout program set to heart pumping, foot stomping country music. Today I repeated my routine from yesterday because you repeat to improve on your last attempt. I published the workouts in a previos blog if you are interested in the order!

Here's a snippet of me doing a move called the Giddy Up, just like the name of the routine - I love this simple move for that reason alone but it's fun to bounce and skip! There's also a fun booty shake and then I included a quick "roundup" of 2 moves as Autumn Calabrese and her dancers demonstrate so you can see how cool it looks all in a line, together:

 


 Trade Perfection for Authenticity


Don't worry about being the best at everything & being perfect. When you are authentic, the vast majority of people will like & appreciate you. The ones that don't are jerks & you don't need them anyway!


Reveal yourself by getting out of your comfort zone. Stop playing it safe. Be vulnerable. Take a risk. Make a mistake. Make connecting with others your passion and connecting with others the priority, instead of obsessing about getting everything right.

I didn't master this mornings Giddy Up routine but I practiced the moves that challenged me the most & feel great about them! I'm not as smooth as Autumn or all of her dancers that rehearsed this bit I'm pretty fierce at Christi authenticity!!

I recently heard Caroline Casey, an advocate for people with disabilities, give a moving speech (you can hear her full story in her TED talk). She talked about labels, and how we grow up every day surrounded by other people's labels for us, and for themselves - dividing the world into black and white, us and them, in and out. At a young age, we begin to identify as the "athlete" or the "nerd" or the "short girl" or the "poor girl" or the "rich girl" or the "skinny girl" or in Caroline's case, the "blind girl." But the reality is, we all have lots of labels -- we are all so many things that the only single label capable of defining us is our name. She is Caroline. I am Christi. My mother is Mary, and my friend is Ann.

To share a clip from a true favorite movie, Just Friends, Be Yourself!!



You're Invited!! A 4 week accountability group that will guarantee to put you on track with your eating and workouts that includes Country Heat- starts 9/1!

-Food menu & options given
-Daily workouts to learn
-Before & After pic required
-Daily check in  -

Contact me here!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Beachbody Hybrid Workout Schedule

Night Time Eating Derailment - Help!

4 Unique Ways to Get Your 10,000 Steps Into Your Day