Country Heat Day 2 & day 2 of 3 Day refresh

You have complete control over the direction that the rest of your life takes. 

         ~Jeff Olson, The Slight Edge



My podcast today was James Wedmore’s  Mind your business Podcast and although he puts it out there for entrepreneurs, it’s motivation and instruction for life in general as well - we all will lead someone at some point!
He had an analogy of our lives at a particular point when you might feel overwhelmed or insecure….He said to picture a sonar, like on a ship or submarine….it’s a small screen but you can see where you are and what is in the area. Now take it and blow it up larger….life size. Expand it to see that what you want to happen can come from the most unlikely of places…..and you can go in any direction.

It’s easy to get overwhelmed and when I am, I get fatigued, I have to stop and find a balance and clarity. Sometimes it’s quiet I seek and sometimes I need to get lost in a tv drama or old movie I’ve seen a million times. My brain just needs to take a break from all the “what ifs” and “what I should be doing’s”.

Today I did NOT feel like a workout. I committed to the next 30 days of Country Heat but I did;t want to move off of the couch after being outside and running errands. I wanted to close my eyes and rest. I really hadn’t exerted myself - I was just spent.

The fact that I had committed to a blog and this blog made me get up. I’m nothing if not a gal of my word and that is called accountability - we all need to if different areas of our lives and that’s what I do as a coach.

Along with Country Heat, I’m on day 2 of the 3day refresh and there is a specific menu that goes along with it - it’s a vegan menu for 3 days and it’s supplemented by shakes and detox drinks. I always fell better afterwards but there is preparation that goes into the meals and I didn’t feel like doing that either! (but I did), Because I had verbally committed to the vlog & blog, I followed thru and fell 100% better about doing so as I write this.

Today I walked my 3 miles early on and ha da Dr Appt to work my day around - this is my week of appointments! I completed Country Swing, dat 2 of Country Heat (see calendar) and then made my snack of cukes and hummus……Love those two together - here’s the easy recipe:

1/2 english cucumber, sliced
2 TBSP Roasted red Pepper Hummus.

Combine!




Dinner was a shake from the plan and my voice of veggie salads.....I picked cucumber and tomato salad since I had already cut up my english cucumber…I just used the other half. Check out these vibrant colors!



I’m tired tonight - I had planned to get more done today than I did but I completed what I committed to - did you?

See you tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Beachbody Hybrid Workout Schedule

Night Time Eating Derailment - Help!

4 Unique Ways to Get Your 10,000 Steps Into Your Day