Turkey is always in season!

Some days you put it off until sunset and today was one of those days - it was Monday & I took advantage of having the work day off but I didn't take a break from my challenge!





Turkey chili from the #fixate cookbook was on the menu for dinner because it does occasionally get cool in Texas when the sun goes down 

Turkey Chili from the 21 Day Fix Extreme

(Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each)

1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
1 medium onion
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (in a pinch, garlic powder works)
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
2 (15 oz) cans black beans (or pinto beans) drained, rinsed (I used only black beans)
1 (15 oz) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish...I skipped the cilantro b/c I forgot!)

Directions
  1. Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium-high heat
  2. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink
  3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute
  4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low; gently bio, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
  5. Serve warm, sprinkle with cilantro, feta (as shown) or decorative tortilla's

Check out my video tidbit @
Cardio Fix Preview
And subscribe to my channel Christi in Action for more of my videos to come!

 #21dayfixkickstart #cardiofix #done 

Be sure and vote on which Fitness program you'd like to see me complete by responding to my survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9TP2RKJ with the program 
1. Master's Hammer & Chisel
2. 21 Day Fix Extreme
3. CIZE

Visit my profile to learn more about these 3 programs to make an informed choice!

Getting dirty with Dirty 30 tomorrow!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Beachbody Hybrid Workout Schedule

Night Time Eating Derailment - Help!

4 Unique Ways to Get Your 10,000 Steps Into Your Day