Slimfast and Diet Coke



So if you don't know me I started my fitness journey during my final years of high school -  I always struggled with my weight. I can remember my sophomore & junior years getting more active in sports but still about 10 to 15 lbs heavier than my teammates and girlfriends.
Fast forward to end of senior year  -  that when I was losing weight because I drastically cut my calories and increased my physical activity in the school musical - rehearsals each day and no time to lay around doing teenage nothings. My dinner consisted of diet coke and a slimfast bar….that took the weight off alright.
In the first years of college my diet was horrible because I would eat pizza one day and canned green beans the next and I would exercise excessively to Gilad and Denise Austin on the VHS. I remember the treadmill, stairclimber, & rowing machine at Jim Botin’s Fitness in Conway,AR…. Exercise was an addiction for me because when I would want to lose the college weight that my up and down diet had cause, the quickfix result would only be 1-2 lbs and I would be discouraged and soothe myself with raw cookie dough, a college staple.


I'm telling you this to let you see I failed at diet and exercise back then. Even when I did look thin, I wasn't healthy. I was fueling my body with what we now know was toxic crap! It couldn't possibly give me long term results and it sure didn't.


Fast forward - I have the tools to use and the mindset to be well and health minded for longevity - I am a wife, a mom, and a grandma! I want energy and health to keep me chasing my little granddaughter when she wants to play. This is why I share my journey with you -


Monday was day 15 of my 21Day Fix - Total body cardio fix. I like this workout but it's a tough one....My heart races and the sweat pours and I'm grateful for the breaks I'm allowed!

Total Body Cardio Fix


Begins with 3 minute warm-up
Jog in place
Jacks
Windmills (circling arms forward & back)
Side stretch (left & right)
Toe touches
(repeat all 2 times.)


Four Rounds of one minute exercises (20 second rests between.)


First Round


Surrenders (right leg)
Side Shuffles
repeat both exercises with Surrenders on left leg.


Second Round


Squat Wood Chops (left leg)
Cross Country Skiers
repeat both exercises with Squat Wood Chops on right leg.


Third Round


Weighted Jog
Knee Pulls (right leg)
repeat both exercises with Knee Pulls on left leg.


Fourth Round


Frog Crunches
Oblique Crunches
repeat both exercises


Ends with 3 minute Cool-down


I like the Surrenders but they are the hardest exercise in this workout.

I am demoing the squat to a wood chop & weighted knee pulls in the video on my instagram (@BYOAF)  
HELLO hamstrings - I found you!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Beachbody Hybrid Workout Schedule

Night Time Eating Derailment - Help!

4 Unique Ways to Get Your 10,000 Steps Into Your Day